West Coast Machinery believes in hiring great people who are committed to meeting our customers’ needs day-in and day-out. Our two divisions, ShearForce Equipment excavator attachments and Work Truck West truck equipment, are fast-paced and growing every year. We are continually searching for new talent to join our progressive team in our new shop facility in the Fraser Valley in the Gloucester Industrial Park in Langley, BC. Our staff works hard and we recognize that with competitive wages, comprehensive benefits package, and training and professional development opportunities when available.
Check out our new video and see why we do what we do every day to make first class work trucks and meet our customers’ needs day-in and day-out.
Truck Equipment Upfit Technician
Work Truck West believes in hiring great people with a passion for building the best custom vehicle projects and training them to build great work truck packages. We are looking for an experienced Automotive Technician, Automotive Mechanic, or Heavy-Duty Mechanic to join our team of Truck Equipment Upfit Technicians in our facility in the Fraser Valley in Langley, BC.
This opportunity may be for you if you live for the details and pride yourself on exceptional planning, organizing, and hitting your targets day in and day out. Our crew works hard and we recognize that with competitive wages, comprehensive benefits package, opportunities to work overtime, in-house training, professional development when available, and a generous bonus pool program for our competitive team players.
As a key member of our team of Truck Equipment Upfit Technicians, you would be responsible for the installation of service bodies, dump boxes, flat decks, and associated equipment on medium-duty truck chassis. This includes:
- Mounting service bodies, dump boxes and flat decks onto truck chassis
- Installation and wiring of 12-volt electrical systems
- Fabrication of custom steel and aluminum brackets for mounting components
- Installation of hydraulic pumps, PTOs, and clutch pumps
- Installation of under-hood engine components
- Installation of compressed air systems, waste oil recovery systems, and hydraulic tool systems.
This position may be a great fit for you if you have:
- Trades training as an Automotive Technician, Millwright, Commercial Transport Mechanic, Heavy Duty Mechanic, or experience with Automotive Fabrication. Red Seal Certification preferred but not required.
- Your own set of mechanics tools
- Strong organizational and communication skills (English language)
- Positive, enthusiastic, and hardworking attitude
- A valid BC drivers license
This position is full-time permanent and starts asap.
Work hours: Monday to Friday 7:00 am – 3:30 pm with opportunity for overtime.
Mechanical Designer | Work Trucks | SolidWorks Experience
The Work Truck West Designer will be responsible for the mechanical layout and design of work truck packages and associated equipment using Solidworks and Draftsite.
Layout in Solidworks of all the truck package components and parts such as:
- storage components (toolboxes, sliding trays, shelves)
- lighting components (beacons, flashers, cabinet lights, spotlights)
- air system components (compressor, tank, filter, reel, fittings)
- hydraulics system components (pump, valves, meter, couplers, hoses, reservoir)
- lifting/hoisting components (crane, subframe, power unit, controls, testing)
Design of steel and aluminium brackets for mounting bodies and components
Creation of new part numbers in ERP system.
Conduct first article inspections of designed parts.
Creation of truck package assembly drawings
Creation of the Bill of Materials for the product/project using Solidworks
Creation of Kit Installation Instructions and/or Sub-assembly Drawings
Creation of Standard Operating Procedures or Work Instructions
Technical requirements of this role:
- Mechanical Drafting Diploma with relevant experience OR Mechanical Engineering Technologist Diploma.
- Experience 3D CAD using Solidworks or equivalent
- Experience or understanding of 2D CAD using AutoCAD/Draftsite.
- Experience/practical education with 12V electrical an asset
- Experience with an ERP system an asset
Interpersonal requirements of this role:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Team player with a strong work ethic.
- Creativity while still able to work carefully, efficiently, and consistently.
- Ability to work hands-on in a shop environment.
- Strong time management awareness and abilities
Work hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm