West Coast Machinery believes in hiring great people who are committed to meeting our customers’ needs day-in and day-out. Our two divisions, ShearForce Equipment excavator attachments and Work Truck West truck equipment, are fast-paced and growing every year. We are continually searching for new talent to join our progressive team in our new shop facility in the Fraser Valley in the Gloucester Industrial Park in Langley, BC. Our staff works hard and we recognize that with competitive wages, comprehensive benefits package, and training and professional development opportunities when available.
Check out our new video and see why we do what we do every day to make first class work trucks and meet our customers’ needs day-in and day-out.
Heavy Duty Mechanic | Airdrie, AB Branch
As a Heavy-Duty Mechanic for ShearForce and Terrafirma, you would be responsible for the installation, service, maintenance, and repair of hydraulic excavator attachments including hydraulic hammers, compactors, and demolition tools, and associated equipment such as excavators, backhoes, skid steers, and hydraulic tools. A major component of this type of work includes hydraulic plumbing and installation of auxiliary hydraulic circuits on excavators and other earth moving equipment.
As a Service Mechanic for Work Truck West, you would be responsible for the installation, service, maintenance, and repair of truck mounted equipment including hydraulic compressors and engine-driven compressors, hydraulic equipment, and controls, truck-mounted stiff boom and articulating cranes and attachments.
This opportunity may be perfect for you if you can see yourself taking on new challenges in this unique and specialized focus area of heavy-duty mechanics. As a representative of our team working directly with customers, you will be complementing our outstanding ability to support the products we sell through hydraulic setups, service, maintenance, and repairs, and giving our customers reassurance that we are here to meet their equipment needs and be active supporting partners in their success.
ShearForce and Terrafirma have recently joined forces and setup shop in Nisku in September 2019. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate who is a master trouble shooter and appreciates working with a supportive and knowledgeable team to come in and make a difference right from the start. We are proud to be able to offer competitive wages and an excellent benefits package to our team members.
This position will operate from our new shop located at 1317 10th Street in Nisku, with occasional work in the field. A mechanics service truck will be available for daily use to and from the shop and customer work sites.
- Support the products we sell through hydraulic setups, service, maintenance, and repairs.
- Excellent customer service and communication in person, on the phone, and in email
- Heavy-Duty Mechanics Trade Certification or enrollment in an apprenticeship program.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a heavy-duty mechanic shop
- Experience with hydraulic plumbing and attachment setups considered an asset
- Excellent troubleshooting / problem solving abilities
- Ability to work in a team environment
- A commitment to customer satisfaction with pride in good workmanship
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to work quickly within tight schedules
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good computer literacy skills
- Ability to travel within Canada and United States
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
Experience in each of the following is considered an asset:
- Welding skills
- Hydraulics and diagnostics skills pertaining to excavation equipment and attachments
- 12/24-volt troubleshooting
This position is full-time permanent and starts asap. Work hours Monday to Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm with opportunities for overtime.
Truck Equipment Upfitter | Automotive Technician | 2+ Years Experience
We are looking for a hard working, collaborative, and positive team player to join our team of Work Truck Equipment Upfit Technicians in our facility in the Fraser Valley in Langley, BC.
This opportunity may be for you if you live for the details and pride yourself on exceptional planning, organizing, and hitting your targets day in and day out. A positive can-do attitude and desire to learn goes a long way when it comes to working collaboratively with our production team. Our technicians have a multitude of skill sets in their toolboxes, including Automotive Technician, Welder, Fabricator, Millwright, and Heavy Duty Mechanic. This is an exceptional opportunity for a junior to intermediate trades master to get relevant experience working in a professional, safety-oriented collaborative team environment.
Our crew works hard and we recognize that with competitive wages, comprehensive benefits package, opportunities to work overtime, in-house training, professional development when available, and a generous bonus pool program for our competitive team players.
As a key member of our team of Truck Equipment Upfit Technicians, you would be responsible for the installation of service truck bodies, dump boxes, flat decks, and associated equipment on medium-duty truck chassis. This includes:
- Welding hoist subframes to truck frame rails and dump box/flat deck to subframe.
- Installation of hydraulic components such as electric-over-hydraulic pumps, valves, reservoirs, and hoist cylinders.
- Fabricating and welding custom steel brackets for mounting components.
- Mounting dump boxes, flat decks, and associated equipment onto truck chassis using overhead crane and forklifts.
- Wiring 12-volt electrical components to the truck battery and switches.
- Installation of underhood engine components such as air compressors, PTO’s, and Clutch pumps
- Installation of snow plows, sander spreaders, and brine sprayer systems.
This position may be a great fit for you if you have:
- 2+ years related work experience in Automotive or Heavy Duty Mechanics and/or Welding and Steel Fabrication experience
- Red Seal accreditation in a related trade is preferred, not required
- Your own set of mechanics tools
- Strong organizational and communication skills (English language)
- Positive, enthusiastic, and hardworking attitude
- A valid BC drivers license
This position is full-time permanent and starts asap.
Work hours: Monday to Friday 7:00 am – 3:30 pm with opportunity for overtime.