West Coast Machinery believes in hiring great people who are committed to meeting our customers’ needs day-in and day-out. Our two divisions, ShearForce Equipment excavator attachments and Work Truck West truck equipment, are fast-paced and growing every year. We are continually searching for new talent to join our progressive team in our new shop facility in the Fraser Valley in the Gloucester Industrial Park in Langley, BC. Our staff works hard and we recognize that with competitive wages, comprehensive benefits package, and training and professional development opportunities when available.
Check out our new video and see why we do what we do every day to make first class work trucks and meet our customers’ needs day-in and day-out.
Truck Equipment Upfit Technician
Work Truck West believes in hiring great people with a passion for building the best custom vehicle projects and training them to build great work truck packages. We are looking for an experienced Automotive Technician, Automotive Mechanic, or Heavy-Duty Mechanic to join our team of Truck Equipment Upfit Technicians in our new shop facility in the Fraser Valley in Langley, BC.
This opportunity may be for you if you live for the details and pride yourself on exceptional planning, organizing, and hitting your targets day in and day out. Our crew works hard and we recognize that with competitive wages, comprehensive benefits package, opportunities to work overtime, in-house training, professional development when available, and a generous bonus pool program for our competitive team players.
As a key member of our team of Truck Equipment Upfit Technicians, you would be responsible for the installation of service bodies, dump boxes, flat decks, and associated equipment on medium-duty truck chassis. This includes:
- Mounting service bodies, dump boxes and flat decks onto truck chassis
- Installation and wiring of 12-volt electrical systems
- Fabrication of custom steel and aluminum brackets for mounting components
- Installation of hydraulic pumps, PTOs, and clutch pumps
- Installation of under-hood engine components
- Installation of compressed air systems, waste oil recovery systems, and hydraulic tool systems.
This position may be a great fit for you if you have:
- Trades training as an Automotive Technician, Millwright, Commercial Transport Mechanic, Heavy Duty Mechanic, or experience with Automotive Fabrication. Red Seal Certification preferred.
- Your own set of mechanics tools
- Strong organizational and communication skills (English language)
- Positive, enthusiastic, and hardworking attitude
- A valid BC drivers license
This position is full-time permanent and starts asap.
Work hours: Monday to Friday 7:00 am – 3:30 pm with opportunity for overtime.