West Coast Machinery believes in hiring great people who are committed to meeting our customers’ needs day-in and day-out. Our two divisions, ShearForce Equipment excavator attachments and Work Truck West truck equipment, are fast-paced and growing every year. We are continually searching for new talent to join our progressive team in our new shop facility in the Fraser Valley in the Gloucester Industrial Park in Langley, BC. Our staff works hard and we recognize that with competitive wages, comprehensive benefits package, and training and professional development opportunities when available.
Check out our new video and see why we do what we do every day to make first class work trucks and meet our customers’ needs day-in and day-out.
Automotive Service Lead Technician | 5 Years+ Exp | Red Seal Journeyman
The Work Truck West Service Department is searching for a certified Automotive Service Technician Mechanic to join our team of work truck experts at our state-of-the-industry shop in the Gloucester Industrial Park in Aldergrove. This position will assist the Service Manager in leading the team of work truck technicians as they diagnose and perform repairs and maintenance services in the Work Truck West shop.
Our Service team is responsible for diagnostic trouble shooting, service, and repairs on light, medium, and heavy-duty work trucks and mounted equipment and generally saving the day for our outstanding customers.
Work Truck West believes in hiring great people with a deep devotion to automotive maintenance and harnessing their skills and talents to service and repair mounted work truck equipment, including cranes, compressors, snow and ice gear, and much more. We are looking for an experienced Automotive Technician, Automotive Mechanic, or Heavy-Duty Mechanic with some Welding and Fabrication experience to join our team of Service Mechanics in our new shop facility in the Fraser Valley in Langley, BC.
This opportunity may be for you if you live for the details and pride yourself on exceptional planning, organizing, and hitting your targets day in and day out. Our crew works hard and we recognize that with competitive wages, comprehensive benefits package, opportunities to work overtime, in-house training, and professional development when available.
- Coordinate with the Product Support Manager by diagnosing units to understand the problem.
- Create a plan of parts and labor required.
- Repair/service units according to the plan.
- Support the team of service technicians.
- Electrical and engine troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Diagnose and repair of all power generation equipment, hydraulic systems, air compressors, and cranes.
- Perform crane operation and mechanical inspections
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively to provide quality seamless customer service.
This position may be a great fit for you if you have:
- Red-Seal Certification as a Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician or Automotive Service Technician
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a mechanic repair shop, including troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Advanced mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge and experience with small engine repair (Diesel and Gas)
- Knowledge and experience with hydraulic compressors and engine-driven compressors, hydraulic equipment, and controls
- 12/24-volt electrical installation and troubleshooting experience
- Valid BC Class 5 or 7 driver’s license with a clean driving abstract
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs as well as the physical ability to be working in, under, and around the vehicles being worked on.
- Excitement and passion for working in a supportive team environment.
Experience in each of the following is considered an asset:
- Welding and/or fabricating skills
- Hydraulics and diagnostics skills pertaining to work truck equipment
- Truck mounted stiff boom and articulating cranes
- Truck mounted snow and ice control equipment
- Truck mounted rail gear
This position is full-time permanent and starts asap. Work hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm with opportunity for overtime.
Truck Equipment Upfitter | Automotive Technician | 2+ Years Experience
We are looking for a hard working, collaborative, and positive team player to join our team of Work Truck Equipment Upfit Technicians in our facility in the Fraser Valley in Langley, BC.
This opportunity may be for you if you live for the details and pride yourself on exceptional planning, organizing, and hitting your targets day in and day out. A positive can-do attitude and desire to learn goes a long way when it comes to working collaboratively with our production team. Our technicians have a multitude of skill sets in their toolboxes, including Automotive Technician, Welder, Fabricator, Millwright, and Heavy Duty Mechanic. This is an exceptional opportunity for a junior to intermediate trades master to get relevant experience working in a professional, safety-oriented collaborative team environment.
Our crew works hard and we recognize that with competitive wages, comprehensive benefits package, opportunities to work overtime, in-house training, professional development when available, and a generous bonus pool program for our competitive team players.
As a key member of our team of Truck Equipment Upfit Technicians, you would be responsible for the installation of service truck bodies, dump boxes, flat decks, and associated equipment on medium-duty truck chassis. This includes:
- Welding hoist subframes to truck frame rails and dump box/flat deck to subframe.
- Installation of hydraulic components such as electric-over-hydraulic pumps, valves, reservoirs, and hoist cylinders.
- Fabricating and welding custom steel brackets for mounting components.
- Mounting dump boxes, flat decks, and associated equipment onto truck chassis using overhead crane and forklifts.
- Wiring 12-volt electrical components to the truck battery and switches.
- Installation of underhood engine components such as air compressors, PTO’s, and Clutch pumps
- Installation of snow plows, sander spreaders, and brine sprayer systems.
This position may be a great fit for you if you have:
- 2+ years related work experience in Automotive or Heavy Duty Mechanics and/or Welding and Steel Fabrication experience
- Red Seal accreditation in a related trade is preferred, not required
- Your own set of mechanics tools
- Strong organizational and communication skills (English language)
- Positive, enthusiastic, and hardworking attitude
- A valid BC drivers license
This position is full-time permanent and starts asap.
Work hours: Monday to Friday 7:00 am – 3:30 pm with opportunity for overtime.