West Coast Machinery believes in hiring great people who are committed to meeting our customers’ needs day-in and day-out. Our two divisions, ShearForce Equipment excavator attachments and Work Truck West truck equipment, are fast-paced and growing every year. We are continually searching for new talent to join our progressive team in our new shop facility in the Fraser Valley in the Gloucester Industrial Park in Langley, BC. Our staff works hard and we recognize that with competitive wages, comprehensive benefits package, and training and professional development opportunities when available.
Truck Equipment Upfitter | Automotive Technician
Do you like trucks and equipment, hands-on work, and want to apply your skills in the automotive industry? If so, then this position is a great fit! At Work Truck West, you’ll be able to pursue your passion through your work while interacting with like-minded individuals in a rewarding environment.
Work Truck West believes in hiring great people with a passion for building the best custom vehicle projects and training them to build awesome work truck packages. We are looking for a hard-working, collaborative, and positive team player to join our team of Work Truck Equipment Upfit Technicians in our facility in Langley, BC.
Our crew works hard, and we recognize that with competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits package, opportunities to work overtime, in-house training, professional development when available, a monthly BBQ, and a generous bonus pool program for our competitive team players.
As a key member of our team of Truck Equipment Upfit Technicians, you would be responsible for reviewing install instructions and the installation of:
- Service truck bodies
- Dump boxes
- Flat decks
- Hydraulic components such as cranes, snowplows/ spreaders, hoists, accessories, and associated equipment on medium-duty truck chassis
This position may be a great fit for you if you have:
- Experience in any of these fields: welding, automotive or RV repair, heavy-duty repair, or millwright/maintenance.
- Your own set of mechanics tools
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Positive, enthusiastic, and hardworking attitude
- A valid BC driver’s license
This position is full-time and permanent and starts ASAP.
Work hours: Monday to Friday 7:00 am – 3:30 pm with the opportunity for overtime.
Salary: $25.00-$40.00 per hour
The Comprehensive Benefits Package offered after the probationary period includes:
- Extended health, including massage therapy, naturopathic medicine, chiropractic, and more extended benefits
- Medical Services Plan (MSP) for yourself and all eligible dependents
- Prescription drug coverage
- Long-term disability
- Paid vacation available in the first year of employment
- Access to student financial aid program to complete job-related training and educational courses
- Opportunities for overtime, training, and development
- Support for Apprenticeship program enrollment and completion
- Encouragement of a healthy work/life balance
Visit our Facebook page facebook.com/pg/worktruckwest and check us out on Instagram @work_truck_west.
Please respond to this posting and include your resume when applying.
We welcome all applications, we will only contact those applicants whose knowledge, skills, and abilities are a match for this position.