West Coast Machinery believes in hiring great people who are committed to meeting our customers’ needs day-in and day-out. Our two divisions, ShearForce Equipment excavator attachments and Work Truck West truck equipment, are fast-paced and growing every year. We are continually searching for new talent to join our progressive team in our new shop facility in the Fraser Valley in the Gloucester Industrial Park in Langley, BC. Our staff works hard and we recognize that with competitive wages, comprehensive benefits package, and training and professional development opportunities when available.
Check out our new video and see why we do what we do every day to make first class work trucks and meet our customers’ needs day-in and day-out.
Truck Equipment Upfitter | Automotive Technician | 2+ Years Experience
We are looking for a hard working, collaborative, and positive team player to join our team of Work Truck Equipment Upfit Technicians in our facility in the Fraser Valley in Langley, BC.
This opportunity may be for you if you live for the details and pride yourself on exceptional planning, organizing, and hitting your targets day in and day out. A positive can-do attitude and desire to learn goes a long way when it comes to working collaboratively with our production team. Our technicians have a multitude of skill sets in their toolboxes, including Automotive Technician, Welder, Fabricator, Millwright, and Heavy Duty Mechanic. This is an exceptional opportunity for a junior to intermediate trades master to get relevant experience working in a professional, safety-oriented collaborative team environment.
Our crew works hard and we recognize that with competitive wages, comprehensive benefits package, opportunities to work overtime, in-house training, professional development when available, and a generous bonus pool program for our competitive team players.
As a key member of our team of Truck Equipment Upfit Technicians, you would be responsible for the installation of service truck bodies, dump boxes, flat decks, and associated equipment on medium-duty truck chassis. This includes:
- Welding hoist subframes to truck frame rails and dump box/flat deck to subframe.
- Installation of hydraulic components such as electric-over-hydraulic pumps, valves, reservoirs, and hoist cylinders.
- Fabricating and welding custom steel brackets for mounting components.
- Mounting dump boxes, flat decks, and associated equipment onto truck chassis using overhead crane and forklifts.
- Wiring 12-volt electrical components to the truck battery and switches.
- Installation of underhood engine components such as air compressors, PTO’s, and Clutch pumps
- Installation of snow plows, sander spreaders, and brine sprayer systems.
This position may be a great fit for you if you have:
- 2+ years related work experience in Automotive or Heavy Duty Mechanics and/or Welding and Steel Fabrication experience
- Red Seal accreditation in a related trade is preferred, not required
- Your own set of mechanics tools
- Strong organizational and communication skills (English language)
- Positive, enthusiastic, and hardworking attitude
- A valid BC drivers license
This position is full-time permanent and starts asap.
Work hours: Monday to Friday 7:00 am – 3:30 pm with opportunity for overtime.